I was going to make a cauliflower pizza, but I'm not doing dairy and I suddenly could not be bothered cooking the crust and then loading up toppings... Too complicated for my tired frame of mind! Solution? I've created something existing in the gray area between a cauliflower pizza and a frittata - it's a Pizza Cake!
1/2 head cauliflower, riced
2 cups pizza toppings: ham or bacon, capsicum, tomato, basil, onion, pepperoni, salt & peppers, etc.
1. Preheat oven to moderate-high. Line and lightly grease a baking tray or pan - preferably one with a lip.
2. If you can be bothered (it's worth it), lightly fry all suitable pizza toppings in a small amount of bacon grease or coconut oil to develop the flavours.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, eggs, and pizza toppings.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and spread into desired shape. The thickness of mine was about 3cm.
5. Bake in oven until edges have browned and cake is cooked through. My oven took about half an hour to completely cook it through. Spongy goodness!
Serve with whatever you like - it can be the veggie portion of a meat meal, or the meat with a salad. One quarter of a cake is a good serving size if it's part of a meal, but the beau and I easily demolished half each without anything else to eat. I look forward to experimenting with other variations: curried chicken pizza cake, ground beef and tomato pizza cake... Yum!
The Anointed and Free Speech, Part Two
10 hours ago