A mini-recipe here, but so incredible that I have to put the specifics of what I did online for posterity - this is one I'll be returning to to every time I'm willing to dabble in carb country.
Chicken with Coconut Curry Coating
4 Pastured chicken drumsticks
1 Pastured egg
2T coconut oil
25g Almond flour
25g Shredded or dessicated coconut
1T curry powder (or curry paste)
1t chopped coriander
& any other herbs you enjoy
1. Preheat oven to moderate (your usual chicken-roasting temperature), and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or aluminium foil.
2. Combine egg and coconut oil (melted) in a small, shallow bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, spices and herbs.
4. The fun part - dip one drumstick in the egg and oil mixture, using fingers to coat it completely, remove and allow excess liquid to drip back into the bowl, and then roll it in flour mixture until completely covered.
5. Place drumstick onto lined tray, then repeat step 4 until all drumsticks are done.
6. Pop the lot in the oven, and bake for around 45 minutes, until coating is crunchy and meat is cooked through.
I'm looking forward to trying this coconutty and curried-up version of my coating on other pieces of chicken and white fish!
Dunnigan-type Familial Partial Lipodystrophy
11 hours ago