A mild but hearty beef curry, featuring coconut cream for that creamy texture. Quite the saucy dish, this one!
Creamy Coconut Beef Curry
500g diced beef
2T coconut oil (or more)
1 red or brown onion, diced
3T curry powder
A few garlic cloves, crushed
1T crushed ginger
1T chopped coriander
1 can coconut cream
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
2. Add onion and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add all spices and herbs, and stir gently for three minutes.
4. Add beef, stirring and browning evenly.
5. Add can of coconut cream, then fill the empty can with water and pour it into the pan.
6. Stir well, and bring the lot to the boil.
7. Reduce heat and maintain a gentle simmer for 60 to 90 minutes.
Enjoy alone or on various primal veggie combinations - I tried broccoli rice for the first time when I made this, and it was delicious! I was trying to use up all the veg in my fridge when I made this, and found that EVERYTHING goes well with curry - even cheese!
Thanks On Thanksgiving
36 minutes ago