I've found a new favourite - a creamy, rich soup with enough zing to warm away the Winter chills from mouth to tummy!
Coconut Curry Soup
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2T coconut oil
1 cup pumpkin, roasted
1 stalk broccoli, chopped
8-16 stalks asparagus, chopped
(Other similar veggies could be substituted for the above options, i.e. cauliflower, capsicum, sweet potato)
3T mild curry powder
1T chopped chillies, or chili flakes/paste
1 can coconut cream
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat coconut oil until melted. Add onion and garlic, and saute until fragrant.
2. Add curry powder, chillies and paprika, and stir well.
3. Add veggies to the pan, and fry gently for a minute.
4. Empty can of coconut cream into the pan, then fill the can with water and pour into the pan. Bring to the boil.
5. When vegetables are cooked thoroughly, remove pan from heat. With a stick blender or by pouring the soup into a food processor, blend until vegetables are pureed.
6. Meanwhile, if using meat, sauté the meat in a medium frying pan with a little coconut oil. When meat is seared along all edges, add to pureed soup mixture and return to the heat. Simmer until meat is cooked through.
Serve cold or warm, but don't serve straight from the boiling pot, as the flavours are better when they have time to develop. This soup keeps very well, and tastes even better the following day. Delicious and nutritious!
Weekend Link Love – Edition 429
12 hours ago