I wanted to add some more crunch and colour to my usual crusted fish fillet - enter, coconut flakes!
Coconut Crusted Salmon
2 salmon fillets
1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
1t dried oregano (or other preferred herbs)
2T coconut flakes
Salt & pepper as desired
1. Preheat oven to around 175 degrees Celsius. Line a shallow baking tray with foil.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg until yolk and white is combined.
3. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, flakes and seasonings.
4. Dip fillets in egg, and then seasonings. Lie coated fillets on baking tray. Top with leftover egg mixture and more seasoning/flakes.
5. Bake until coating is golden brown & fish is cooked through (approx. 25 minutes, depending on oven).
Serve with a leafy green salad and sliced tomato, with a lemon wedge. Classy.
HbA1c and Familial Hypercholesterolaemia
19 hours ago