Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Carnivore II: Three Weeks In...

...and I'm feeling great! And not just because my fat actually diminished a little more overnight, allowing the scales to report that my weight is now below 79kg, after starting the year over 90kg! Getting close to hitting the 12kg loss mark! And my waist measurement has dropped another half inch or more since the last time I hit a lowest diameter. Sweeeet...

I bought organic lamb forequarter chops from my awesome local butcher yesterday - can you tell?

Breakfast:


Lunch:


Dinner: organic scotch fillet (rib eye) steaks from the supermarket - even the boy reckoned they weren't as nice as the biodynamic ones from my local butcher, or the organic fresh-from-the-farm ones I have delivered once a month... Yay, we're both snobs!!


Was running low on fat intake - how did I help push my calories from fat over the 50% mark? Of course...

4 comments:

Fluffy said...

I think I need to find a place around here that sells lamb because that looks so good. Btw, what kind of butter is that?

Anonymous said...

i need to try lamb as well i dont think ive ever seen it!

i think you need to put up some primal pics for the weight loss !

Jezwyn said...

I'm gobsmacked that people living in the first world haven't tasted lamb! Have you at least tried goat or something? I imagine they would be similar... But if you've only ever eaten cattle and pigs as your red meat, you don't know what you're missing! Get on it, people! :)

I swing back and forth between the Savvy organic butter brand, and my new find, True Organic. I can't tell the difference, and both are sold by the supermarket, my organic butcher, and at the organic veg/product shop.

And I will put up pics when I get good ones; there are plenty of fat ones to choose from, and some good progression ones... But I want to wait until I am happy with how I look, especially since students could stumble upon this blog! I've been taking some shots of me in my underwear to monitor progress that way, so hopefully sometime in the future I'll crop my head out of those and have them up for you to see my results (and I'll wear the same undies so you know its me, assuming they still fit! :D )

Matthew said...

yum... that lamb does look good and previous comments make me feel lucky to be Australian. I love eating those cute little fellas :)