Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Primal Dinner Party

December 1st, 2009

Menu for Beau & Bro

Caveman Crab Cakes

Fried Chicken Fingers with Almond Sauce, Fennel & Carrot Cornucopia

Christmas Salad

Cherry Ripe Bites & Almond & Walnut Balls

Choc-Cherry Tart
with cream



And here are a few of the photos I was able to snap before the beau and my brother scarfed the lot:









Oh, what did I eat? Chicken wings and skin and a little bit of meat, all fried in butter and spices! Utterly delicious!!


Rather than go to the hassle of posting separate write-ups and photos of my eats since the party, here's a quick run-down of the meaty goodness of the last two days:

Wednesday - bacon & eggs for breakfast, skipped lunch, porterhouse steak and bacon for dinner.

Thursday - bacon and lamb chops for breakfast, late lunch of ground beef and bacon, then off to Kobe Jones for our 5th anniversary, where I enjoyed another round of lobster tail on the hot rock, and a sashimi salad (ate the sashimi, left the salad. You can see shots of my other visit here.

Thank you for tolerating my absence whilst I knocked over writing my last few reports for my students - it's all done now, and I'm practically on summer holidays! I teach just one lesson tomorrow, then two, TWO lessons in the entirety of next week! No more work to do, so it's spare time to plan for next year, and watch movies, essentially! Yay! Then I'm truly free on the 18th - hello summer relaxation, reading, and respite!

5 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Sounds like and amazing dinner. I'm certainly going to give these recipes a shot. Love your blog!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I like your food and the pictures. Do you ever eat avocado or guacamole? I eat lots of avocados, cream cheese, and unsalted butter. Best wishes to you.

Steve Cooksey, Diabetes Warrior said...

WOW... this look....amazingly fantabulous!!! thank you for sharing.

Steve

PS- I mostly hang out on Facebook. Are you there?

Jezwyn said...

Thanks, Sandy!! I can't wait to hear how you go!

Thank you, Jim! I actually don't like avocado thanks to a rank sushi experience a few years ago. I'm also not eating dairy at the moment except a little (salted) butter to cook with.

Thanks, Steve! Your avatar is awesome, congratulations! I am on Facebook, but not as Girl Gone Primal. I don't have access to FB at work, but I do have access to Twitter, so it's more convenient for me to interact with the primal community that way and keep FB for personal communication with friends and family on occasion.

My Sensei said...

I am loving that xmas salad! Such a cute idea!!!!!