Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Relaxing & Eating Well - What a Life.

Today was one where my mind was filled with 'so this is what being happy feel like' continuously ran through my mind. Poor me.

I managed a sleep-in despite the boy's loud podcasting session in the next room, then rose to book a massage (poor me) and make breakfast:


Then I headed into the city to check my Vibram Fivefingers sizing - the one and only dealer in Victoria still didn't have sprints in my size available, but I was able to check my KSO size, an the Vibram site suggests therefore what my sprint size will be... So I have confirmed my order, and when NYKayak has received them from Vibram, they'll begin winging their way to me... Hopefully not too long now (no new stock is coming to Australia for two months, so as long as importing directly is quicker than that...), but I don't mind keeping my feet rugged up in socks and sneakers on the way to work while the weather is so chilly.

Then I went for a luxe-yet-cheap haircut (poor me), before heading out to my new beauty spa for a body brush and massage to keep my shrinking self both shrinking and taut. Due to an admin error, they started the wrong treatment (just a massage, no body brush) and after I alerted them to the mistake they then made it up to me with a free manicure (poor me).

Then home, where I whipped up a seafood dinner:


I've started putting our supplements out to make them part of the meal. Like my DNA-esque capsicum garnish?

Salmon fillet, and sautéed cabbage (red and green) and spinach. My plate also had baby octopus with capsicum:



And finally, since seafood never seems to fill me up, and I was short on calories, I made a mini-serving of my Fruit & Nut Crumble for each of us:


Defrosted cherries, boysenberries, and blueberries...


...topped with toasted & chopped walnuts and slivered almonds, mixed with coconut oil, cinnamon and nutmeg.

I plan to spend time tomorrow creating a new and exciting primal dinner... Ooooh! And when I'm not in the kitchen, I'll be lounging in the sun.

Poor me!

2 comments:

Dave Clary said...

Poor you, indeed! :-) You've bwcome quite the Primal Master Chef!

Meggilizz said...

Your dessert looks awesome! Great idea to toast walnuts with coconut oil :)