Decided to end a long, hot week with a luxurious plate of anything-but-guilty pleasures! Namely, junk food, paleo style!
Dinner: fried chicken fingers & spicy beefburger.
This is my second successful attempt at making fried chicken with paleo ingredients - utterly delicious! Here's how -
Recipe: Fried Chicken Fingers
500g chicken thigh, skin on or off
2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
50g almond flour
1t garlic powder
... or your preferred herbs and spices
Optional salt & pepper
1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Heat oil in a solid (ceramic or cast iron) frying pan over low heat.
2. Slice chicken into long strips, about 1/2" thick.
3. Place strips in bowl of beaten egg, and toss with hands until coated.
4. In a wide bowl or plate, mix almond flour, herbs and spices.
5. Dip chicken strips in coating mixture, individually.
6. Place strips in pan, being careful of splashing oil. Fry until browned, then flip and fry until chicken is cooked through.
The finished product:
Definitely keeping this one in rotation! Healthy fats, low carbs, and a psychological treat! :)
What do I eat 2013 update
2 hours ago