I wonder if coconut cream would work for those of you who don't allow any dairy...
400-600g rainbow trout fillets (depending on desired serving size)
2T lemon juice
1 cup heavy cream
2T pork cracklings, crumbed
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease rectangular baking dish with lard, and line with trout fillets.
3. Top with lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
4. Gently spread the cream over the fish, in an even layer, then sprinkle with pork cracklings.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until fish flakes easily.
6. Lift fillets out of baking dish whilst keeping cream and crumbing intact. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Delicious! Please let me know if you try it! I'll be making it again soon enough, perhaps with salmon, and since I won't need to render lard for a while and I'm out of pork cracklings, I might try crisped bacon as the topping... Oooh, I'm drooling at the thought!
Arthur De Vany on Facebook; 1985 Paleo
11 hours ago