Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today's Tucker (Very Low Carb Edition) - 19/08/09

Short and sweet tonight folks - we're off to Slava's Snow Show which, from all accounts, promises to be amazing!

Breakfast: Roo burger topped with a little cheddar cheese and a fried egg (interesting that burger + cheese = tar-like appearance in photo)


Lunch: chicken drumsticks, cooked last night when drizzled in lard

Dinner: odd, yet surprisingly good, bedfellows - grilled rainbow trout, and The Usual (ham and cheese omelette)


Washed down with my veg for the day (could have done without it, but it wasn't long for this world) - fennel! Yes, I ate it raw, like you would an apple. Mmmmm, the aniseed-iness; it's practically dessert!


And meanwhile, does anyone enjoy jasmine tea? We were given some along with a delicate tea set a while back, but since the beau and I both had our own teas, we didn't make much use of it. Last night I finished my last bag of white tea AND my last bag of green tea, and was in quite a panic as to what I would drink tonight! Oh, the stresses of my pitiable life! So when I went fossicking for any remaining green tea bags (no, not flavoured sencha thanks... No, that anything made by Lipton...) I was overjoyed to find the happy little tin of jasmine tea sitting pretty along the back wall! Green tea plus dried jasmine flowers? I can do that! And I am - yum!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jasmine tea is one of my favorites... it reminds me of honeysuckle nectar from when I was a kid.